Can I Fix My Parents Papers If They Entered Illegally

Can I Fix My Parents Papers If They Entered Illegally?

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.

If your parents entered the United States illegally, you may be able to help them by fixing their papers. This can be done by filing an I-130 Petition for Alien Relative and an I-485 Application to Adjust Status. If you are successful, your parents will be granted legal status in the United States.

  • Talk to your parents about their immigration status and explain that you want to help them fix their papers
  • Research the requirements for adjusting your parents’ status and help them gather the necessary documentation
  • Work with an experienced immigration attorney to file the appropriate petitions and applications on your parents’ behalf
  • Stay involved in the process and keep your parents updated on any developments in their case

Can a 21 Year Old US Citizen Child Fix Their Undocumented Parent’s Papers?

Can I Petition My Parents If They Entered Illegally?

If you are under the age of 18 and your parents entered the United States illegally, you may be able to petition for them through a process called “deferred action for childhood arrivals” (DACA). To be eligible, you must have been brought to the United States before your 16th birthday and lived here continuously since June 15, 2007. You must also be currently in school, have graduated from high school or obtained a GED, or be an honorably discharged veteran of the Coast Guard or Armed Forces of the United States.

If your parents are not eligible for DACA, you may still be able to petition for them if they meet one of the following criteria: they have been victims of human trafficking or domestic violence; they are the parent of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident; or they meet other exceptional circumstances as determined by USCIS. The first step in petitioning for your parents is to gather evidence that establishes their relationship to you and meets all other eligibility requirements. Once you have gathered this documentation, you will need to file Form I-130 (Petition for Alien Relative) with USCIS.

If USCIS approves your petition, your parents will then need to apply for a green card through adjustment of status or consular processing.

How Can I Fix Papers for My Parents?

Assuming you want tips on how to help your parents with their paperwork: If your parents are struggling to keep up with their paperwork, there are a few things you can do to help them out. First, sit down with them and go over what needs to be done.

Make a list of all the bills that need to be paid, any correspondence that needs to be sent out, and any other important documents that need to be dealt with. Once you have a handle on what needs to be done, offer to take care of some of it for them. If they’re comfortable with it, you can start paying bills online or setting up automatic payments.

You can also offer to write and send any correspondence for them. If they’re not comfortable giving you access to their accounts or financial information, see if there’s anything else you can do, like organizing everything into neat piles or helping them fill out forms. Sometimes just having someone else there to lend a hand can make all the difference.

Can You Get a Green Card If You Entered Illegally?

There is no easy answer when it comes to the question of whether or not someone who entered the United States illegally can obtain a green card. The process of obtaining a green card, also known as permanent residency, is long and complicated, and there are many factors that come into play. One of the first things that needs to be taken into consideration is how the person entered the country.

If someone entered without going through proper channels, such as by crossing the border illegally, they will likely face much more difficulty in obtaining a green card than someone who came to the country on a valid visa. Additionally, those who have been living in the country illegally for an extended period of time may also find it harder to obtain a green card. Another important factor is what type of work the person does.

Those who are employed in low-skilled jobs or jobs that are not in high demand may have a harder time getting a green card than those with skills that are in high demand. Finally, an individual’s criminal history can also impact their ability to get a green card. Those with felony convictions or multiple misdemeanors may find it difficult to obtain permanent residency.

Overall, there is no easy answer when it comes to whether or not someone who entered illegally can get a green card. Each case is unique and depends on many different factors.

Can a U.S. Citizen Petition Undocumented Parents?

Yes, a U.S. citizen can petition their undocumented parents for legal status. The process is called “family-based immigration.” To qualify, the petitioner must be 21 years of age or older and have a clean criminal record.

Additionally, they must prove that they can support their parents financially. The petitioning process can take several years and requires extensive documentation. If approved, the undocumented parent(s) will be granted a green card and will be able to live and work in the United States legally.

Can I Fix My Parents Papers If They Entered Illegally?


Can I Fix My Parents Papers If They Entered Illegally Reddit

It’s a common question we get here at Immigration Advisors: can I help my parents if they entered the country illegally? The answer is unfortunately, no. If your parents entered the United States without proper documentation or by using false information, then they are ineligible for most forms of immigration relief.

This means that even if you are a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, you cannot sponsor them for a green card through family-based immigration. And because they lack status, they also cannot apply for asylum or other humanitarian protections. This doesn’t mean that there is no hope though.

In some cases, people who entered illegally may be eligible for what’s called “prosecutorial discretion.” This is when ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement) or CBP (Customs and Border Protection) decides not to pursue someone for removal from the United States. Factors that may be considered include length of time in the United States, ties to the community, and whether the person has committed any crimes while in the U.S. Unfortunately, there is no guarantee that prosecutorial discretion will be granted in any particular case and it is ultimately up to ICE or CBP to make that decision.

If your parents are currently facing removal proceedings, you should speak with an experienced immigration attorney who can assess their case and see what options may be available to them.


It can be difficult to fix your parents papers if they entered the country illegally. However, there are some options available to you. You may be able to file an I-130 petition or an I-601A provisional waiver.

You should speak with an immigration attorney to discuss your specific case and learn what options are available to you.